How to Install Xoops
Xoops is another CMS or content management system that is fairly easy to use and install. If you want to put Xoops on your site but you don’t know how to do it or where to start, the following guide could help you:
1. Download the Xoops archived package. Go to the Xoops website to obtain the files. Extract the files in a folder in your computer.
2. Upload the entire folder containing the Xoops files in your hosting server. You can use FTP for this.
3. Open a web browser and access the Xoop installation screen by typing this address: http://www.yourdomain.com/htdocs
4. A welcome screen should open. Click next.
5. The next screen is an info page. Go over it and click next.
6. Xoops will begin to check files and permissions. If there are no errors, click next.
7. The next screen is the general configuration screen. You need to supply all the information required. The important info needed on this page pertains to your MySQL database. Please secure this information before starting install. You might have to setup a MySQL database first before proceeding. When done, click next.
8. The next screen is the confirmation screen. If you can print the data that appears, do so. Else, save the page and store it in your computer. You might need them later on. Click Next.
9. The settings will be saved. When done, click next.
10. The next screen will show the physical path and URL used by the Xoops configuration in your website. Again, take note of the information before clicking next.
11. The database settings are being confirmed. If all are good, click next.
13. The database is being tested for connection. When successful, click next.
14. The tables will be updated. Click next.
15. You’ll be asked of the admin name, email, and password. Set your login credentials and remember them. Click next.
That’s it! Your Xoops website is now up and running.
How to create a Facebook Group
How to add chat to your website
How to Use the Include File Syntax in ASP, HTML, and PHP
How to Install a Free Guestbook on your Site
How to create a free forum website
How to Add a Free Counter to Your Site
Internal 500 Error
What is a FavIcon
How to remove copyrighted links
What is iFrame
How to setup an email on your domain
Accept Donations with PayPal
How to add a plug-in to WordPress
How to make a theme for Xoops
How to Install Xoops
How to make a Joomla theme
How to Make a WordPress Theme
How to add a shout box to your website
How to Burn Feeds using FeedBurner
How to install Mambo
How to Justify Texts on your Website
How to create a contact me form
How to make a table in Html
The Div tag
Disabling Right Clicks on your Website
How to Add Background Music to a Web Page
How to Install Joomla in 5 Easy Steps
How to Install WordPress on Your Website
How to Use the HTML Font Tags
How to add a image to a link
How to add your website to Google
How improve your pagerank
The Redirection Code
Hex Color Chart
The Font Tag
Special Html Characters
What is a URL
How to Center a text
The "Underline" Html Tag
Bold Html Tag
New Paragraph Html tag
How Does FTP Work?
How to add Youtube videos to Myspace
How to add Youtube videos to your web page
What NOT to do when making a website