How To Make A Website – Make My Own Website.orgHomeHow to create a Facebook GroupHow to add chat to your websiteHow to Use the Include File Syntax in ASP, HTML, and PHPHow to Install a Free Guestbook on your SiteHow to create a free forum websiteHow to Add a Free Counter to Your SiteInternal 500 ErrorHeader TagsWhat is a FavIconHorizontal DividersHow to remove copyrighted linksWhat is iFrameHow to setup an email on your domainAccept Donations with PayPalHow to add a plug-in to WordPressHow to make a theme for XoopsHow to Install XoopsHow to make a Joomla themeHow to Make a WordPress ThemeHow to add a shout box to your websiteHow to Burn Feeds using FeedBurnerHow to install MamboHow to Justify Texts on your WebsiteHow to create a contact me formHow to make a table in HtmlThe Div tagDisabling Right Clicks on your WebsiteHow to Add Background Music to a Web PageHow to Install Joomla in 5 Easy StepsHow to Install WordPress on Your WebsiteHow to Use the HTML Font TagsSMF ForumHow to add a image to a linkHow to add your website to GoogleHow improve your pagerankThe Redirection CodeHex Color ChartScrolling textThe Font TagSpecial Html CharactersWhat is a URLHyperlink CodeHow to Center a textThe "Underline" Html TagBold Html TagLine BreakNew Paragraph Html tagHow Does FTP Work?How to add Youtube videos to your web pageWhat NOT to do when making a websiteHow to add Youtube videos to MyspaceWhat is a FavIcon
If you’ve been over the internet a lot, you surely have seen a FavIcon but you might not have realized it. FavIcon is that small icon appearing right before the URL of a website on the address bar of browsers. It is also the icon that is saved beside the name of the website when you bookmark it.
FavIcon gives your website a more professional look. It is also a good way to brand your website, as it usually carries the logo of your site. Get your website to use some cool FavIcon by following these simple steps:
1. You are going to need a graphic creation program for this one. Photoshop is a good choice. However, you have to download the plugin called Windows Icon file format for Photoshop.
2. The size of a FavIcon is merely 16 x 16 pixels. So create a small canvas of that size.
3. Put the logo of your website or any image you wish to use for your FavIcon on the canvass area.
4. Save the image and call it favicon.ico.
5. Upload the file in your hosting server. You can use FTP for this. Be sure that you put the file where the home page or the index.php page is located. Do not put the file in an images folder or any other sub-folder.
6. Now insert this code in the head section of your html files:
<link rel=”icon” href=”/favicon.ico” type=”image/x-icon”>
* You need to put this script inside the <head> </head> code of each of your website’s pages, if you want all of them to carry the icon.
Now you’re ready for testing. When you refresh your page, there should be a small icon appearing before the URL on the address bar. If it doesn’t show up, try to put a question mark at the end of the address to force the browser to refresh the page without consulting the cache.
Comments are closed.
©2009 How To Make A Website – Make My Own Website.org – MrMiniSite theme created by MrProductInfo